Considering history, socialism is dangerous because:
1) It poses extreme danger to freedom of speech, and government sanctioned punishment of dissenters tends to take hold, gradually increasing in severity (dissent includes the ever-broadening category of "hate speech")
2) As a continuation of (1), civil government-controlled media can easily become the only mainstream and even existing means of news
3) In pursuit of "equality", secularization will become pervasive
4) Religious organizations will have to struggle to maintain their existence if they intend to preserve their focused missions
5) Interpretation of the Constitution will become open-ended and subjective, rendering the document obsolete
6) The assumption will become commonplace that we are not created equal by God, but by the civil government
7) The crumbling of America's economic foundations will begin: hard work will no longer be ultimately beneficial, so why work hard?
8) The disarming of responsible Americans will be pushed for "our safety", but guns in the hands of criminals will remain uncontrolled (after all, even now criminals most often acquire and use their arms illegally)
9) Owning private property will become difficult, and there will be a very real possibility of eradication of property ownership
10) The true reign of "choice" will begin, and as a consequence, the genocide of the unborn will increase
In the event of the combination of an Obama presidency and a Democrat-controlled legislative branch, some of these will be nearly immediate, and some will be what voters have swung the door open to welcome in the future. Before supporting Obama, please study history so that we are able to learn from the errors of this unhealthy and troubling political philosophy.
Obama's Economic Mythology
David Limbaugh on the problems with socialism
Chuck Norris on why we must vote to protect the unborn